[pure-silver] Re: D2 filter source

  • From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 06:26:40 -0800 (PST)

Thanks all for the sources folks.  Keep them coming as so far no one has said I
have it and I have not said sold yet.

I also suspect Richard was right in that this one likely had the plastic
filters, but never having seen it in pieces I don't know for sure.  If anyone
has a way to know from a serial number, email me off list.

The other thing that concerns me is this could be like part watch and part
plumbing project.  Part watch in that once you get it a part, there is always a
spring that makes everything some how go flying when you try to put it back
together.  Part plumbing project because getting everything you really need on
the first trip to the store is usually if not alway not going to happen. lol

If they can just be removed from holders, and new ones cut to size from any cc
filter then it should not be that big of a deal  Anyone ever pulled one of
these apart to know how these things work before I take this apart and have to
put it back together again just to see how the wheels/filters ect work.

Robert Marvin <marvbej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: KHB Photografix in Canada has long
lists on Omega parts on their
website, although you'd have to phone or Email them to see what they
have in stock.

I recently got a diffusion glass for my Omega B-8 from them, so they
have a lot of old stuff.

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/