[pure-silver] Re: D2 filter source

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 15:06:05 +0100

----- Message d'origine -----
De: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2008 08:27:16 -0500
Sujet: [pure-silver] Re: D2  filter source
À: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

>"Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>> Since yours melted I suspect they were the plastic dye colored
>> ones.
>
>Rosco theatre lighting filters might hold up.  Rosco sells
>plastic 'hot-mirrors' to extend filter life.
>
>http://www.rosco.com/us/filters/protect.asp
>
>> but let me suggest that you check with Bob Watson
>> who repairs and sells Omega.
>
>Well, yes, that would be the logical and reasoned
>thing to do - but removes the fun of pointless
>pontification and endless erudition.
>
>==
>Nicholas O. Lindan
>Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
>Cleveland, Ohio 44121

Just to add to the "pointless erudition" :-) , the Roscos Permacolor are
dichroic on glass substrate.
B&H sells them is various sizes, the smallest 2X2" or 2" round are less than 9$
each but you can have them in much bigger sizes.
Various colors are available, the classic CMY or RGB + various others.

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch