[pure-silver] Re: Bulb for Focomat IIc

  • From: Claudio Bonavolta <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 09:39:58 +0100

----- Message d'origine -----
De: Bogdan Karasek <bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 18:56:33 -0500
Sujet: [pure-silver] Bulb for Focomat IIc
À: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

>Hi all,
>
>A friend a mine just bought a Leitz Focomat IIc and he wanted to know
>what kind of light source (bulb) he needed for the Focomat.  He is under
>the impression that a regular household bulb will do.  I know that for
>my Omega DII, I have to get a special bulb so I imagine the same would
>apply to the Focomat.
>
>Can anybody tell me what kind of bulb and where one can get them?
>
>Thanks for the information.
>
>Regards,
>Bogdan
>--
>   Bogdan Karasek
>   Montréal, Québec            e-mail: bkarasek@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>   Canada
>
>                   "I photograph my reality"

My IIc (european version) uses an opal bulb of 150W/230V and an E27 socket (the
most common tungsten bulbs socket in Europe).

I don't know if IIcs for North America used the same socket, maybe it's the E26
?
Here is a comparison between the E26 and E27:
http://www.donsbulbs.com/cgi-bin/r/b.pl/socket-db-e26-1.html
The thread is similar, there's only a small difference in the diameter.
Anyway, replacing the socket is not very difficult ...
With a E26 socket, the equivalent would be a PH212 (do you also have 120V in
Canada ?):
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=630&A=details&Q=&sku=20190&is=REG&addedTroughType=categoryNavigation

I strongly suggest a true enlarger bulb. This enlarger is a nice piece of
equipment, I don't see any reason to save a couple of bucks on the bulb.

If needed, I put some manuals on this page:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/IIc.htm

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch