[pure-silver] Re: Benzine/lighter fluid

  • From: "Nicholas O. Lindan" <nolindan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:24:07 -0500

Lighter _fluid_ in the US and in Europe is Naphtha,
a light distillate of petroleum.  It is similar to
but heavier (oilier) than 'white gasoline'/Coleman fuel/
Primus fuel.

Its claim to fame is that it leaves no residue and
is inactive enough that it won't dissolve paints or
plastics.  After all, the stuff inevitably leaked
all over your pants pockets.

Butane is a gas used, initially, in lady's lighters.
With butane the lighter couldn't leak fluid, it was
less messy to handle and it didn't smell.

Nicholas O. Lindan
Cleveland Engineering Design, LLC
Cleveland, Ohio 44121

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jean-David Beyer" <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>