[pure-silver] Re: Benzine/lighter fluid

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 08:37:45 -0500

Jim Brick wrote:
I think that lighter fluid is butane/propane. Go here to see what benzene is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene

I think...

Jim

On Feb 9, 2010, at 10:05 PM, Harry Lock wrote:

Hi Everyone
Just lately there has been some discussion on the list about cleaning fluids etc. Can anyone tell me the difference between "lighter-fluid" and benzene. Here in South Africa I can only find lighter fluid in an aerosol can, but I can get benzene in a normal capped bottle. Thanks Harry

Benzine is a mixture of light hydrocarbons. Benzene is a particular one (C6H6). I believe that Benzine may be used as lighter fluid. Methane, Ethane, and Propane are mostly too volatile to use as lighter fluid. Butane is suitable for specially designed lighters. Perhaps pentane is what is in normal lighter fluid.

 ^^-^^ 08:35:01 up 21 days, 9:55, 3 users, load average: 4.66, 4.65, 4.58