[pure-silver] Re: Bad news

  • From: "Jim MacKenzie" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 08:32:46 -0600

----- Original Message ----- From: "Adrienne Moumin" <photowonder2010@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 8:30 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Bad news

Prize $$ aside, I think it's sad and more than a little disgusting that a multinational company like this won't even pay market-rate stock usage fees for images they choose. Sorry if I've opened up a can of worms here, but I've had it up to my hair follicles w/calls for artists to supply free labor under the guise of "exposure."

If there is a sufficient supply of photographers willing to provide photographs under those conditions, then what is unfair about it? This is how free markets work.

Not all value is monetary. I for one would be tickled to have a photograph of mine on an Agfa paper box.

Jim