[pure-silver] Re: Archives in Eudora Mailbox format

  • From: "Rob Champagne" <psps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:37:08 +0100

I had another look.
The problem is the old carriage return control characters.  Some machines use
"0A0D"  and some machines use just "0A".
The old Pure-Silver archives use "0A" and Windows uses "0A0D".
Eudora on PC doesn't recognise 0A as a new line.
Opening the archive file in word and doing any edit such as insert blank line
at start of file and then delete blank line and then save file causes the 0A to
be converted to 0A0D  and file is then OK for use in Eudora on Windows.

So,   if any one wants to use archives files in Eudora on PC they just have to:

1.  create a folder in Eudora called "PS Archive"
2.  download archive file from http://www.michi-kogaku.com/Archive/ and save in
the folder created in 1 above.
3.  open archive file in word.
4. insert blank line at top of file.
5. delete blank line just created.
6. save file "keeping changes".
7. rename file to have extension .mbx  instead of .txt
8. open eudora folder "PS Archive" and your archive file should be there.

Mac and unix users may be able to omit steps 3 thru 6 above but you need to
test.

rob