[pure-silver] Re: Any body use Rollie ATP and process with their recommended developer?

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:45:58 -0500

Tom, Not in my book. Dilution E 1:11, B 1:7 There was no defined stock or
concentrate. Stock solution is how I work. One should say in the directions
whether the dilution based on from concentrate or stock.

With syrup type developers, using a concentrate can lead to dilution errors
so I make stocks. And I tell most users to do so, unless there are very few
rolls to work with since stock last a shorter period of time. You can see on
their site where the dilutions are being made with a syringe. That works
good, but again, not the way I work with it.

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/professional/support/techPubs/j24/j24.pdf

Covington's page starts with "Unofficial page"  which is great, an goes
through a lot of how to use it.

I suppose over the years more people or working with the from concentrate
method as the frequency of developing has dropped. I still feel that writing
the dilution as 1:31 is incorrect unless noted from C or S.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226