[pure-silver] Ammonium Thiosulfate

  • From: "Justin F. Knotzke" <jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:20:44 -0400

  Hi,

  Since Jim has suckered me into this snake oil called Dixactol, the stuff
appears to require the use of a non acidic fixer (this is how snake oil
salesmen work.. there's always another product that needs to be bought :-)
;-) )

  I checked the web and the shipping costs for TF-4 is insane. It's more
then the actual product.

  So I am gonna mix this stuff myself.. My cookbook lists TF-2 and TF-3.
Other then what the book states, what are the major differences between
these two and TF-4? And, can one just order Ammonium Thiosulfite or is it
commonly mixed from two other chemicals ?

  Thanks

Justin F. Knotzke
jknotzke@xxxxxxxxxx
http://www.shampoo.ca