[pure-silver] Re: Agfa APX 100

  • From: "Jason McPeak" <mcpeak.jason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:29:47 -0500

Delta100 is better than Tmax100, but is still kinda flat unless you get real
creative with filters and developing. I used to use apx 25, and apx100 all
the time. I get pretty good results with Ilford fp4 and d76 1:1

On 3/29/08, BertS <aasainz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bogdan Karasek wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > Below:
> >
> > Richard Floyd wrote:
> >
> >> I am down to my last roll of APX-100.
> >> I sure am going to miss this film.  It has been a favorite of mine for
> >> years, specially when developed in D-23 with a Borax after bath.
> >
> > Could you elaborate; you use Borax (Arm&Hammer, Kodalk???) as a
> > stop..... dilution?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Bogdan
> >>
> >> I have tried Ilford Delta-100, Arista, Fuji Across, and T-Max 100.
> >> None of them are the same, to me, as the old APX-100.  APX just fit
> >> for me, and could count on it every time.
> >>
> >> Anyone have any suggestions?
> >

> No, it is used as an accelerator. It is a split (two bath) developer. The
> D23 is absorbed into the emulsion and the borax solution acts as the
> alkali.
>
> For more info see below:
>
> http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/DD-23/dd-23.html

I am a leaf on the wind! Watch how I soar.
                 -Hoban "Wash" Washburn
                        (serenity movie)
http://mcpeak.jason.googlepages.com/home