[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photography" <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 10:13:36 -0500

I can certainly relate to quickness that the platinum print area clean
compared to the multi tray approach. The last thing that I sometimes want to
do is put it all up at the end of a big session, but that is where a
schedule comes in to play. I just plan ahead and except for the 30x40 print
sessions most of the prints are done washing the same time the lights go out
after clean up.

Selenium toning and toning in general, is done as a separate step in my
darkroom procedure.  The toner is only out as long as needed and always
covered when not actively toning.  It is also placed just under the main
vent to prevent it for getting active in the free air flow.

In all, it sounds like you are more focused with a single tray and that
might be the best modality for your printing.  I find a good music selection
and interesting images works for me : )

Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street
Suite 9