[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:53:54 -0400

Ahah! That explains it. I was referring to using the powdered gloves only for handling prints. (At home, I didn't have the open box of powder, just a shaker tin.) In the lab where I worked, all film processing was done by machine; at home, I never use anything but my hands for film processing. I haven't used any of the more exotic/toxic/nasty-to-skin chemicals. That might well explain our different feelings about the gloves (at least the powder).
On Tuesday, July 26, 2005, at 10:01 PM, Eric Neilsen Photography wrote:

Bill, it first became apparent when I used them for pyro film processing.  I had worn them for the process and was taking them off to handle the film after washing.  The first few sheets showed a good amount of residual powder residue even after washing and drying my hands. I had always easily handled film with no problems for years but after I introduced those good feeling powdered gloves, darkroom life was hell for a few days.

Eric Neilsen Photography

4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9

Dallas, TX 75226

214-827-8301