[pure-silver] Re: After sinks, your favourite tongs?

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2005 18:17:42 -0700

At 03:20 PM 7/24/2005, Peter Badcock wrote:

One question I have, how do you quickly change between the wet side and dry side again and taking the gloves off in a way that they can be put on again without getting wet hands? I usually have to turn the gloves inside out to take them off. Maybe you go through many set of gloves during a developing session?

I don't use gloves. It just would not work for me. When necessary, I just use my bare fingers, then rinse them immediately with water (I have it always running from one of the white hoses laying in the bottom of my sink,) dry with the towel that's stuck on the side of my sink (see picture,) and back to the dry side.

http://www.visualimpressions.com/DarkroomSink.jpg

Over the short end of my sink, to the left of my fiber washer, is a hanging light that looks like a pool table light. That light is over where my hypo tray goes and is used to look at prints in the hypo. I always have to lift the prints out of the hypo to really have a good look. This is always done with bare hands. I put the print back in the hypo, poke them down under, rinse my hands, dry, than back to the dry side.

http://www.visualimpressions.com/Enlarger.jpg

My darkroom air is very dry. The air conditioner squeezes all of the moisture out of it. When I dry my hands on a towel, they are really dry. I have never ever had a dry side sticky moist hand problem. My hands don't sweat either, which is a blessing.

Jim