[pure-lang] Re: googlegroups still fails email delivery

  • From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 13:01:04 +0200

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:16 PM, Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Of course, now whenever someone posts to the google group it will get
> forwarded to freelists.org and bounce unless they subscribe there as
> well. And ppl subscribed to both lists will presumably get the same
> post twice, unless they turn off email delivery for their GG
> subscription.

Just tried this myself, using my t-online.de account. I did get a
chance to approve the forwarded post and subscribe my t-online.de
address to freelists, so that wasn't a big deal. I also didn't see any
double posts either, but that might be because gmail recognizes these
and takes care of them.

Did anyone who is already subscribed to both lists see any double
posts from both pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
today? I guess that this should happen, but maybe modern email clients
are clever enough to recognize identical posts?

Anyway, I feel very uneasy about having to subscribe ppl to freelists
so that their GG posts don't bounce via freelists. Some ppl may
rightfully find this intrusive and object to it.

Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef@xxxxxxxxx
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754

"pure-lang" group.
to pure-lang+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.