[pure-lang] Re: googlegroups still fails email delivery

  • From: Ryan Schmidt <google-2010@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 05:27:05 -0500

On Aug 27, 2013, at 05:16, Albert Graef wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Albert Graef wrote:
>> Well, the original post did get through after all. Seems like it was
>> only the "welcome message" that GG wants to send out to a new list
>> member bounced. Will have to try again, though, since I already
>> unsubscribed the freelists account again.
> Done. Seems to work. Can anyone else who's already subscribed to
> pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx have a go at it (just replying to this post
> should be good enough).
> Of course, now whenever someone posts to the google group it will get
> forwarded to freelists.org and bounce unless they subscribe there as
> well. And ppl subscribed to both lists will presumably get the same
> post twice, unless they turn off email delivery for their GG
> subscription.
> This is a mess. :( Any suggestions?

Yes: use one list only.

I'm happy with Google Groups. I get the mailing list interface I like; others
get a web-based interface they like.

If some users experience issues with Google Groups, those users should work
with Google to resolve those issues. Surely that's in everyone's best interest.

I really hesitate to suggest this, but I understand that Google Groups can
mirror other lists. Therefore, you could move the list entirely to freelists,
then reconfigure the Google Group to mirror it. However, one list I'm on, the
Subversion Users list, has this setup, and it is not optimal: what happens is
that when someone posts to the Google Groups mirror of the group, the message
gets to me on the main list, but when I reply, the reply goes to the Google
group, to which I'm not subscribed, so my reply does not get posted. Assuming I
realize this has happened, I then have to re-send my message to the correct

"pure-lang" group.
to pure-lang+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/pure-lang.