[pure-lang] Re: Use MarkdownHere, Not an Ad!

  • From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 12:25:27 +0200

Ok, so for the fun of it and to give it a try (html mail haters please

   One standard example of non-linear rules is factorization:

   a*c+b*c = (a+b)*c;
   a*b+a*c = a*(b+c);

   Lambdas don’t really exist in Pure either. They are just being emulated,
   by considering \x1 ... xn -> y as a shorthand for an anonymous function
   symbol f defined by a single rewriting rule f x1 ... xn = y. This is all
   described in more detail in the appendix of the

Seems to work reasonably well, but before we all start using this in a
regular fashion, we should probably see whether any list members object to
this. Also, this might be a problem if we switch to freelists, as I don’t
know how well they handle html mails. That’s also the reason I cc’ed our
list there, so that I can check this. Sorry if this offends anyone.
Dr. Albert Gr"af
Dept. of Music-Informatics, University of Mainz, Germany
Email:  aggraef@xxxxxxxxx
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/111193356966611167754