[pure-lang] Re: ANN: Pure 0.63

  • From: Albert Graef <aggraef@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Alastair Pharo <asppsa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:12:34 +0200

On Thu, Oct 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM, Alastair Pharo <asppsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I’m wondering, is there any reason that we have pure listed on AUR
> <https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pure> as being GPL3 rather than LGPL3?

Both are right, since the interpreter's main program is GPL (must be as
it's linked against readline) while all the rest is LGPL. So we should
probably list both. In any case it should be consistent. ;-) I'll take care
of that when I repair the makedepends of pure, pure-hg and pure-complete-hg.

Talking about the AUR, have you tried uploading split packages yet? It
seems to be supported now (was an open issue for a long time). If this
really works, we might just as well get rid of the separate -hg packages
and just throw the entire shebang up there, using the existing
pure-complete-hg from pkgbuild. What do you think?

Dr. Albert Gr"af
Email:  aggraef@xxxxxxxxx
WWW:    https://plus.google.com/+AlbertGraef