[pure-lang] Re: ANN: Pure 0.60

  • From: Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-lang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 22:57:05 +0200

# aggraef@xxxxxxxxx / 2014-04-09 19:46:09 +0200:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 2:46 PM, Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@xxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
> > my plan is to have OBS build also ArchLinux packages for all the things
> > (OBS can also build Debian and Ubuntu packages if anyone's interested).
> Excellent news! So does that mean that I will be able to stop rolling my
> own binary Arch packages at some point in the future?

yes, you can cover pretty much the full spectrum of mainstream distros
with the OBS.

> Are the OBS Arch package repos in pacman format?

they're in a format appropriate for each target system:

> >  should pure-bonjour build and work in Linux?  a comment in the Makefile
> > implies so, but the build failed for me.  i have zero knowledge of
> > Zeroconf so sorry if i'm talking out of my rear end.
> It doesn't compile with Avahi's Bonjour emulation (which lacks some API
> functions),

that's what i arrived at. :)  but the comment in the Makefile says
something like "link with avahi on Linux", which is why i asked in
the first place.

> but presumably it should work with Bonjour on Linux (which is
> available from Apple).

i guess that's all more trouble than it's worth, i'll just skip
packaging pure-bonjour.

> > pull request: https://bitbucket.org/purelang/pure-lang/pull-request/11
> Merged, thanks. I also uploaded a new pure-lv2-0.1.tar.gz tarball to the
> downloads section, you can find that here:
> https://bitbucket.org/purelang/pure-lang/downloads/pure-lv2-0.1.tar.gz.
> (The bz2 tarball will also remain available, in order to not break any
> existing packages and ports.)

that's super sweet, thank you!