Re: recording level question

  • From: "stever2525" <stever2525@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 07:58:53 -0700

I do understand that high will be distorted. I just want the maximum volume without distortion. For example, the low end of good will be at a lower volume than the high end of good, though both be acceptable. I was just wondering how accurate the PTR's precision was at the boundary points.
thank you

----- Original Message ----- From: "Linda Reeder" <n7hvf@xxxxxxxx>
From: "stever2525" <stever2525@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 04:35:16 -0700
Subject: recording level question

Does anyone know when recording what the level of sound, as far as decibels,
to mark low to good, and good to high, in order to have more control of
recording volume and how much I can push the envelope on high?
thank you