Re: help with web radio

  • From: "John Kolwick" <john2109@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:28:47 -0500

Hello basically yes, webb radio is a broadcast stream that is available over the net. I believe the individual who compiled a list of stations prepared it to be used with portable devices designed to play audio books mp3s and recorders. The plextalk and bookport plus can also be used to stream internet radio if certain conditions are available and one creates a list of stations and puts them on a SD card. There also programs that are available and I believe that are free that permit a number of stations to be streamed over your internet connection and computer. Two of these are "tapin radio and radiosure" I think radio sure is correct. Type in radiosure.com and you can download the program and install it. They both work well with speech. hth

-----Original Message----- From: vrvaughan@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 09, 2012 9:16 PM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: help with web radio

Hi, Would you please be patient and kind and explain if Web Radio is the
same thing as finding a web site on your computer, that is streaming its'
signal?

If you don't have a particular radio station in mind, how do you go about
finding a radio stream of the kind you want?

Many sincere thanks! Vicky
----- Original Message ----- From: "frank cuta" <cuta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>