Re: clarification about ptr1 status

  • From: "John McCann" <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 14:52:07 -0400

Hi Scott:

Due to certain components of the PTR1 having lead content in them, and new
rules regarding lead disposal in Europe after july 1, 2006, the PTR1 is
going to be replaced by the PTR2 by the end of this year or the beginning of
next year. However, there will still be support for the PTR1, including a
new firmware revision to be released in 2006, if memory serves.

HTH!

John