Re: .brf files?

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <wb6niu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 09:06:19 -0800

I ask tech support about this issue and here's the reply:
Hi Russ,
The US English firmware does not support reading brf and brl files.  I
believe it is due to a licensing issue in the US.
Best regards,
Bob
I don't understand how this can be a licensing issue when my victor reader stream and booksense can read brf. It seems unfaire to me that the book port plus can read brf and not the plextalk pocket.

-----Original Message----- From: Roger Stewart
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2012 8:46 AM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: .brf files?

This is a very odd one as my PTP Pocket is authorized to read NLS books
and these .brf files came from Web Braille so I'm allowed to use them.
This then begs the question as to why the Victor Reader can read them
with US English firmware while the Plextalk can't?  Hope this gets
resolved in a future firmware release.

Thanks.

Roger