RE: Re: Recording on to PTR 1

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:58:09 +0100

Hi John,

Whilst I'm not certain and I don't have a unit to double check it with, I
don't think you're right on this.

It will certainly insert a heading and, if you plan to keep the recording as
a DAISY project, it will give the feeling that there are separate files but
I don't think there will be if you look at the file structure in the
recording folder.  I think that there will be a single audio file and the
headings information will be stored in the .SMIL file.  The SMIL file is
just a bunch of timing information which tells a DAISY project where the
start of each heading is.  The raw audio file would remain intact in the
background.

I'm pretty sure that a new file is only created if you completely stop the
recording in between each tune.

Happy to be proven wrong.

Jamie