Re: Plextalk Pocket is now a Brick

  • From: <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 22:15:13 +0000

Hi Jonathon,

I think you'll find that this is a fault with a small number of PTP1 units that
were in a certain range of serial numbers.  Through my work at RNIB, we had a
very similar issue with one of the units that we bought.  It only relates to a
small number of units and only in relation to the Version 3 upgrade but
unfortunately, if you have the same problem as we had, you will end up having
to send it back to be exchanged.

I've no idea what the details of the problem are but there doesn't appear to
any other way around it.

Hope this clarifies things even if it doesn't help much.

Cheers,

Jamie