Re: Plextalk Pocket: Playing Music

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <wb6niu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 08:35:15 -0700

As a followup, I found the following in the plextalk transfer manual:
Following list shows supported contents and folder limitations.
Contents type
Details
Daisy Books
A Daisy folder that contains DAISY book
A Zip file that contains DAISY Book
* DAISY 3.0, DAISY2.02 are supported.
* You can transfer to any destination folder except for limitation folder.
Text files
Plain text file (.txt)
HTML file (.html)
Microsoft word file (.doc, .docx)
Grade 2 English Braille (BRL, BRF)
* You can transfer to any destination folder except for limitation folder.
Podcasts
Podcast episode audio files that you have downloaded by Podcast receiver.
PTP1 can download latest Podcast episodes. But if you already downloaded Podcast episodes by your Podcast receiver software on PC, you can transfer episodes by using
this contents category.
* PTP1 support. PCM(.wav), MP3, Ogg, WMA, AMR-WB+ file.
* Destination folder is limited. ONLY under the “PlexPodcast” folder.
Audio books
Audio files of audio book.
* PTP1 support. PCM(.wav), MP3, Ogg, WMA, AMR-WB+ file.
* Destination folder is limited. ONLY under the “PlexAudioBook” folder.
Audible.com books
Audio book provided by Audible.com.
* PTP1 support Audible type 4 format. (.aa extention)
* You need to authenticate your PTP1 by using Audible Manager (from Audible.com)
* Destination folder is limited. ONLY under the “Audible” folder.
Music
Music audio files.
* PTP1 support. PCM(.wav), MP3, Ogg, WMA, AMR-WB+ file.
* You can transfer to any destination folder except for limitation folder.
Podcast feed manager
Transfer a Podcast feeds setting (OPML file).
Or you can configure new Podcast feed from URL.
* Destination folder is limited. ONLY under the “PlexPodcast” folder.
Radio Stations
Transfer a Play list of Web Radio URL or You can configure new Web Radio Station
from URL.
* Destination folder is limited. ONLY under the “PlexWebRadio” folder.
Device Recordings
Transfer recordings from PTP1 SD card to PC.
Source folder is “PlexRecording” folder in SD card.
You can transfer the recording to any folder in PC.
All Non-audio Files
All type of contents, but except for audio files are listed.
Last selected destination folder of the category of transferring contents is automatically

-----Original Message----- From: cliff williams
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:18 AM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Plextalk Pocket: Playing Music

Hi Pele
I think I remember that in the instructions it advises you to put all your
music folders in a folder called music, your daisy books in a folder books
and audible books in the audible  folder. This means your root is divided
into 3 different type of file format folders so I guess when you then play
an album it automaticly follows onto the next one as its still in the music
folder, if that makes sense.
regards cliff
----- Original Message ----- From: "Pele West" <pele.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>