PTR2: DAISY 2 or 3 supported?

  • From: Rays home <ray-48@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 12:20:46 +0100 (BST)

Hi, and I'll say right away my knowledge of DAISY and it's
details regarding structure is almost non-existent,
(smile).That may be obvious from the following.

I'm reading through the APH Book Wizzard creator manual
whichat the outset states that it supports creation of DAISY
books in version 3, not version 2.

So, what are the differences between v2 and 3 of the DAISY
standard, and is 3 backwards compatible with 2?

I guess if someone wants to be picky they might say that's
off-topic here, so I will ask, and I think with some
relevance, what version of DAISY the PTR2 works with.

Many thanks, and I hope I get a copy of this message sent to
my inbox in a more timely fashion than happened with my last
post, which took a day or two to make the round trip!

Ray.