PTR1-problem - any suggestions?

  • From: "Allan Mikkelsen" <mallanikkelsen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 11:59:55 +0100

Hi everyone

Today, I was using my ptr1, when listening to an audio book on audio CD.
Suddenly, the unit states: "drive-error - restart by star-kea". This has
happende some times before, especially when i have listened to audio books on
cd, or discs that I have burned myself.
When this error-message is heard, it usually helps to restart the unit, and I
have then been able to continue listening without further problems.

However, after restarting today, the unit would not react to any use of the
buttens at all. I also had to shut down, and restart again dussins of times,
before i even could eject the disc, and continue listening on other equiptment.
Unfortunatlly, this drive error has resulted in complete shutdown of the ptr1.
I have tryed to shutdown and restart again a number of ttimes since ejecting
the disc, but I cant seem to get it to start up normally again. no speach
output, and nothing is happening when pushing the buttens. The only thing that
makes me sure that the unit is turned on, is the little mucical sound, which is
still played when the unit is started.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before? and if so, were you in some
way able to fix this problem yourself, or did you have to have the unit
repaired?

any help or suggestions aprishiated.

Kind regards from allan
PTR1 user from Denmark