Re: PTR1 Upgrade Concerns

  • From: Hbb95@xxxxxxx
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 13:07:43 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2005 4:58:36 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
earlene.hughes7@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

For  those of us who have recently purchased a new PTR1, will our models
continue to receive support and software upgrades, or, have we purchased
something that will soon be out of date?
At 06:27 PM 9/1/2005 +0900,  you wrote:
>Hello listeners,
>
>Today, Plextor release  following notice at our site http://www.plextalk.com
>regarding  discontinuation of PTR1 and introduction of  PTR2.
>
>--Quote--
> From PTR1 to PTR2
>
>Thank  you for your sincere support to our product.
>
>We are sorry to  inform that the sales of PTR1 will be end when the current
>stock runs  out. However the service and repair will be continued.
>
>In  Europe, from July 1, 2006, a new environmental regulation called  ROHS
>will be introduced.
>(ROHS: The Restriction of Hazardous  Substances in electrical and electronic
>equipment  directive)
>
>In this directive, no lead contained material or  components must be used in
>the equipment or devise.  We have  contacted parts suppliers to keep the
>current PTR1,
>but no  alternative parts were found.  As a result, the design of PTR1  must
>be changed.
>
>The follow-up model called PTR2  complying with RoHS will be released before
>the end of 2005  and
>the product details will be announced around the end of  September.
>
>-- Unquote --
>
>Regarding the software  upgrade of PTR1, we do apologize that we have not
>release it  recently.
>Unfortunately, no new version-up software will be released  within 2005.
>When the date of new software release becomes available,  the announcement
>will be made on our web site.
>Thanks for your  continuous support of our  products.

>Masahiro  Shigeoka
>
>SHINANO KENSHI CO., LTD
>Phone: +81 3 3517  8063
>Fax: +81 3 3517 8065
>E-mail:  masahiro_shigeoka@xxxxxxxxxx
>subject or the body.  The list home page is at
><//www.freelists.org/list/ptr1-users/>.

or the body.  The list home
page is at  <//www.freelists.org/list/ptr1-users/>.

Earlene, Yes the ptr1 will still be supported and Yes new updates  will come
out next year.

Rob Hubbard

_Get your own  Voice Conferencing Room_
(http://www.ivocalize.com/p/?a=Affiliate_Rob_Hubbard&r=0)

I would rather try my best to imitate Jesus  Christ more than anyone else I
know. I want to be full of Jesus  Christ.

Contact Information:
Address: 3412 Omega Drive Tyler TX.  75701
Email: Hbb95@xxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.robhubbard.net
Home  Phone: 1-903-566-0955
Cell Phone: 1-903-520-0269