RE: PRS error

  • From: "Cuthbertson, Jamie" <Jamie.Cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 10:13:49 -0000

Brian,

Some time ago I encountered similar problems and the problem usually
ended being a clash with other programmes such as Dolphin Producer,
EaseReader etc.  I've not experienced it for a while so my memory of
what I did to get round it is a bit faded.

I suspect that it is a clash to do with SAPI synthesizers and their
usage by the system rather than there being a specific problem with the
PRS.  I've had similar problems when I try to launch EaseReader or
Victor Soft from time to time.

I think I used to get round this particular issue by launching one or
more of the likely clashing programmes.  For example, I think I used to
go into Word and then to Dolphin Producer's settings to turn off the
option which launches EaseReader automatically when you have completed a
DTB.

I suppose you could try uninstalling other software packages which might
be the source of the clash - in my experience it tended to be the
Dolphin products.

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Jamie