Re: Fwd: Re: Enquiry from Executive Products Inc.

  • From: Penny Golden <goldpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 20:10:16 -0500

Daveed, you probably run your unit longer than I do. My field recordings are in buildings where I can set the unit down. but someone who is fairly clever could perhaps sew one out of a heavy canvas or denim with the kinds of holes and open spaces you would need for your plug-ins and your cf cards.

Yes, there is absolutely no whirring when the unit is recording to CF cards.
Perhaps a nice seamstress would create the right kind of case for you with a good sturdy webbed handle that could go over the neck and be adjustable for you.
If I could, I surely would.
Best, Penny
At 06:39 PM 5/21/2007, you wrote:
Well, it really doesn't matter which company produces the case. The problem is that the unit tends to overheat. I wonder if that would not be the case, though, if one is using compact flash memory cards, since they require far less power to run. I have written EPI accordingly.

--Daveed--At 04:35 PM 5/21/2007, you wrote:

Daveed, Is there a possibility that a different company could make such a case; or that you might get one custom-made by a friend?
Best,
Penny
At 06:33 PM 5/21/2007, you wrote:
I was rather upset to receive the enclosed message from Executive Products, Inc., re the possibility of a form-fitting case for the PTR2. They say it's now not possible. Why IRTI and Plextor has not been more straightforward about this issue I'll never know. Please write to the contacts on the plextalk site, asking them to fix the ventilation problems posthaste and provide a form-fitting case with shoulder strap for those of us who very much need to operate the PTR1 and PTR2 units in the field.

Thanks.

--Daveed--
From: "Brian J. Eremita" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Daveed Mandell" <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Enquiry from Executive Products Inc.
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 14:06:32 -0700

Hi Daveed,
We cannot make a case for the recorder at this time. There are some ventilation issues when the unit is in a case and apparently it overheats.

Brian
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daveed Mandell" <daveedm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>