Re: Does the Plextalk Pocket read brf?

  • From: "Russ Kiehne" <wb6niu@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 06:41:44 -0700

The old book port plus program used to translate them to text when you transferred them to the Book port plus. This is not the case with the plextalk transfer program. This is no longer needed now that the book port plus supports brf files.

-----Original Message----- From: Curtis Delzer
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2011 8:59 PM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Does the Plextalk Pocket read brf?

Russ could it be that the software that sends the files to the pocket translate the files? if you copy them that'd bypass the translator?

just a guess.

Curtis Delzer

W B 6 H E F

At 08:41 AM 10/23/2011, you wrote:
If it's a licensing issue, I would be interested in knowing why the Book Port Plus, Victor Reader Stream, and Booksense all support reading brf and brl?

-----Original Message----- From: Penny Golden
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:21 PM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It sure is strange, what one allows and another does not.
Best, penny.
At 12:02 PM 10/22/2011, you wrote:
Here's the interesting thing. I contacted the man who did the podcast and he told me it's in the manual that it would read brf and brl. I found nothing in the manual about it. I contacted PLEXTALK Technical Support and here's the email I received:

Hi Russ,
The US English firmware does not support reading brf and brl files.  I
believe it is due to a licensing issue in the US.
Best regards,
Bob

-----Original Message----- From: Jamie Cuthbertson
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2011 9:43 AM
To: ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Russ,

OK, then I would have to bow to the superior knowledge of whoever did the
podcast, however, on the FS page at the following URL, they don't list these
2 formats:

http://www.freedomscientific.com/products/fs/plextalk-pocket-product-page.as

Which version of the firmware are you using?

Jamie