RE: 4 gig card problem saying no space

  • From: "Ray's Home" <ray-48@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ptr1-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:07:35 +0100

Sharron, I won't guess at what those with more knowledge wil say, but it
does seem that the majority of card recorders cannot address more than 2GB
of flash memory.  This might be due to limitations in the formats used,
which seems to relate to fat32 or NTFS when used on flash devices.  This
certainly goes for a lot of pro card recorders.  I believe that when the new
Tascam card recorder get's to the 2GB limit it auto starts a new file.

I guess a look at Plextors tech info on their site would clear this up, but
I hope someone can distil this info into plainer English for the rest of us.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx