[pskmail] Re: windows 7 starter

  • From: G6CKR <radio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:33:32 +0100

On 21/08/11 18:22, Rein Couperus wrote:
> Hi Fred,
>
> I had the same problem when I tried Windows 7.
>
> The cause is Micro$oft. In window$ 7, you are not allowed to run java
> without giving special permission.
> The stupid thing is, that if you even try to find the file (javaw.exe)
> window$ pretends it cannot find it, even
> if you just installed it. The reason is that Micro$oft hates java,
> because you don't need window$ to run it.
> (if you ask me, you don't need window$ for anything, you will live
> longer if you don't use it).
>
> When you find it, you have to change the permissions to run the program.
>
> Fortunately, the solution is described in the pskmail FAQ at:
> http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/FAQ+Windows7+pretends+it+cannot+find+javaw.exe
>
> 73,
>
> Rein PA0R
>
> PS: I hope you did not have to pay for this completely useless piece of
> software (window$7).
> PPSS: It is very easy to put Linux on the netbook....
>

> --
> http://pa0r.blogspirit.com
If going for a dual boot system you may need to copy the recovery
partition or the manufacturers special items partition to a memory stick
so you can make it into an extended partition.and copy the files back
when a new partition has been made
On my HP 4 partitions were used and all designated as Primary.The fourth
partition is actually a cut down Linux that allows email, photos Skype,
and a few other things from a reboot.I guess I could have just removed
it but as it was part of the main boot system I wanted to play safe and
leave it all on the machine.
73 Roger G6CKR