[pskmail] Re: win32 perl and gtk ?

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2008 12:06:43 +0100

Hi Thomas,

Your english is great, so much better than my german (wish we could all
talk swedish instead ;-)).

Ah, I see. If you have a full time programmer dedicated to doing this
then I guess its just a matter of time before you have something that is
useable. It will be interesting to see what a windows client will do for
the number of active users. Don't let me interrupt, it should be good to
have another client to play with :-)

Just to have some fun I have started to build a client in fpc/lazarus.
I have converted "the glade stuff", meaning that I have an unfinished
GUI implemented. I figured I should, again just for fun, make an effort
to have a new client that can be compiled for linux, mac os x and
windows. My initial aim is to have something that can use aprs over
pskmail. That way I have to build options and setup dialogues, handle
conf files, interface the modem etc. I'll think about the rest later
("make it work, then make it better...").
I will put this in a repository on the subversion server, I had to have
a name for it then so I started to call it "snow" (its snowing now and
winter is definitely here).

73 de Per, sm0rwo