[pskmail] Re: vhf/uhf relays & testing

  • From: pskmail@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 04:30:41 -0400 (EDT)

Greeting-

I got my HF antenna up yesterday, but still have no rig to test with, so I will
in the next couple of weeks be setting up a 2 meter FM server and will indeed
run various tests and report back.

I will probably start with strong signal very local connections, then when I am
happy I have things working correctly I will get in my car and drive away from
my house and keep trying every few miles.  My VHF antenna is up about 60 feet,
so
I should be able to get 10-15 miles away and still be able to talk back to my
own
server.

If there are specific tests that folks would like me to do on the VHF-FM setup
please let me know.

I am also toying with the idea of using my Mizuho MX-7s qrp rig for tests on 40
meters.  Does anyone have any thoughts on using 2 watts for a server on 40
Meters.  I would like to keep the 20 watt rig in the car as it has the less
effective antenna.  At the house I now have a multiband dipole.  The MX-7s only
does LSB, but my thought is that if my mobile rig is also running LSB that
should not be an issue.

73
-Brett
wa3yre