[pskmail] vhf/uhf relays

  • From: pskmail@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 01:23:08 -0400 (EDT)

Greeting-

First let me say if I am asking too many questions on the list I am sorry.  I am
just trying to get up to speed as fast as I can.

I see a pulldown choice for vhf/uhf relays.  Does this mean folks are running
pskmail on VHF/UHF?  If one is using an FM radio there is of course no bandwidth
savings, but I do see how it could be useful for local emergency communications.

Are the VHF/UHF relays standard pskmail servers running on VHF/UHF FM?  If so
would it be any use to the PSKMAIL community to have a system on VHF FM in New
York City?  I have plenty of 2 meter FM gear sitting around and my VHF simplex
range is about 30 miles.

73

-Brett
wa3yre