[pskmail] upload of user data record to the server via radio channel

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 08:24:00 -0500

I am playing with the upload of user data record via the radio channel and I have a question.

While the client is connected to the server and the client callsign is in the server database, I can update the email settings via the radio channel.

If the client callsign is not in the server database, I can not add the client to the server database. If I connect and then attempt to send update data from the client, the server disconnects the client once the client connects and is not recognized as a valid user ("Could not find record").

If I tell the client to "Update Server" while unconnected, nothing happens.

It appears to me that the client can register his data on a local server IF his callsign is registered somewhere on another server and it is cleared through the central database. Otherwise, if the client has not registered his callsign anywhere, then he cannot "sign up" over the air.

Am I understanding the operation of this feature properly?

73,
Fred - WB5CON