[pskmail] unitialized value in arq.pm

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:55:24 -0500

I have finally upgraded the server and client from the 0.4 beta to the released versions.

One thing I have noticed is the latest arq.pm dated 1 July is throwing up the following:

20:20 UTC Jul-19-2007: > Status : last=2 good=12 end=12 missing=
Use of uninitialized value in subtraction (-) at arq.pm line 1232
Use of uninitialized value in addition (+) at arq.pm line 1232

This message comes up on the server each time the client handshakes with the server. However, it must just be informational because nothing appears broken.

A second question I have involves APRS messaging. For the PSKmail server to gate an APRS message from the internet to rf, it must know the station is local to the server. I am assuming that if the server has heard the station, it would consider it to be local. How long since the station was last heard will the server consider it to be local? The reason I ask is because if a station checks email on hf with PSKmail and then conducts APRS messaging on 2 meters, the server will gate the 2 meter messages onto hf, at least until the station is dropped from the local list. At least that is what appears to be happening here. It is not a problem unless the station is not eventually being dropped from the local list.

73,
Fred
wb5con