[pskmail] Re: unable to run pskmail on windows 7

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 08:03:27 +0200

Hi Victor,

Thanks for posting about this, it helps me create a working installer
for windows 7!
One way around this for now is to use the zip archive to install instead
of the installer. I tested the windows installer on XP and it seems
windows 7 is a better os (better access control).

The problem you had when installing as the user is that the current
windows installer contains the rxtx libs and tries to copy those to the
system (that is the first permission error). This really is the basic
problem and I have to create a new installer that installs these libs as
administrator and the rest as the user.

The second error you had comes from installing as administrator and
running as user, there is a relative path to the configuration.xml file
and that should be in the users path. So, it should be installed as a
user, not administrator.

This was the reason I didn't include the rxtx libs in the installer in
the first place. I then tried it anyway and it seemed fine on xp (as
there seemed to be no security there).

I have created a test installer that does not contain the rxtx libs. Can
you test it and launch it as your user (not administrator)?
Its here: http://www.crusefalk.se/jpskmailinstall/

It contains the bleeding edge stuff, including the email view that I am
not finished with. Could be a bug here or there...

73 de Per, sm0rwo