[pskmail] some quirks using jpskmail

  • From: Darren Long <darren.long@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 15:31:12 +0100

Hi,

I think there might be a pskmail server or something else responding to my pings and beacons with a carrier, about 100Hz below the centre frequency on 10.148MHz. The duration of the carrier is consistent with the length of a data frame and it seems to start very swiftly after my transmission ends. I don't know if this is related to the station that is igating my beacons with a NOCAL in the path. I don't think there's any other response to my pings at the moment.

My other issue is a quirk whereby there is a short unexpected transmission of some audio that causes the SignalinkUSB's vox to twitch the PTT line to my radio. This is sure to interrupt any immediate response from a server. This seems to happen with both the 2.0.33 and the 2.1.0-i jar I just downloaded. This is all running on a fairly new linux box, not the laptop which on which I've previously been running the jpskmail client. I've tried other progs such as fldigi, and they don't seem to generate this audio artifact that causes the rig to key up a second time.

Has anyone alse had any similar experiences?

Cheers,

Darren, G0HWW