[pskmail] Re: smtp server

  • From: Ed <autek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 09:09:41 -0500

Rein Couperus PA0R wrote:
On Sun, 2006-12-24 at 07:44 -0500, Ed wrote:
I have no idea where to find a non-authenticating smtp server. Hopefully this is the last step in setting up a pskmail server. Ideas ? 73

Ed W3NR

Normally a provider offer non-authenticated service for ip addresses
within its own range...

What TYPE of authentication do they need?

Rein

I use comcast for my email and I also have a gmail account. AFAIK they both require a user name and password to access the smtp server. I googled on this and have a very basic idea of the workings. But I'm not sure if it is possible to use either. However I see in my account settings that I can set the smtp to not require a user name and password. I'm really confused at this point....lack of experience and knowledge....but I'll keep trying.

Ed W3NR