[pskmail] sg-2000 control in pskmail?

  • From: pskmail@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 01:26:34 -0400 (EDT)

Greeting-

I just picked up an sg-2000 on ebay.  It is a 1.6-30 Mhz marine radio.
I had to do some minor repair, but to say I got an ebay bargin is an
understatement!

The rig has a serial port and it can have all functions controlled via the
serial port.  I have the source code for the MS-DOS program that can control it.
 What will it take to get this radio's command and control structure into
pskmail so
it can scan frequencies?

Now that I have a rig for base use, an antenna, and a couple of linux boxes that
can run pskmail I am just about ready to get a test setup running in NYC.

The radio is supposed to be a 150 watt radio, but I think for pskmail service I
should probably run it at about 50 watts.  How far do you guys cut the power on
your radios when running pskmail?

73

-Brett wa3yre