[pskmail] Re: setting modes?

  • From: "Rein Couperus" <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 09:16:49 +0200 (CEST)

It my be a windows issue, on Linux it works fine. I will check today...

AFC: It is important to limit AFC to 10-20 Hz if you use it. I often work
without AFC.

Yes, go ahead and change the sequence of the servers table on the wiki (don't
mess it up though :-)

1.4 is the basic version, 1.4b7 is the number of the beta...

Ok, I seem to get PSK250R as the default now ... But I think there's still an
issue based on your explanation  -- here's the use-case, with ordered screen
shots:
==Client 1.4b7==
0) computer.png shows my info (winXP)
1) Pick-and-choose modes (500's off, 250's on) from the checkboxes, and push
"Fix list" button
2) Examine the spinner box -- "The spinner for setting the default mode will
now contain only those modes you have set in the table."
     BUT, note that PSK250 is not there, and PSK500,PSK500R are still there ...
3) hit "ok
4) "When you leave the screen with 'OK', the parameters should be permanent
until you change them again."
     BUT Return to the Prefs->Edit->Modes tab, and the checkboxes are reset
(500's on, 250's off)

* Do I want AFC on or off in fldigi?

* Side question/suggestion:  Could http://pskmail.wikispaces.com/PSKmailservers
 be sorted by continent? The use-case being to easily see the NorthAmerica
servers. (i'd be happy to do it since it's a wiki; just wouldn't make a change
like that w/out consensus)

* Another note:  The title bar says "1.4b7" but the Help->About dialog says
"1.4"

I saw a K4RST<->AB9FT traffic on 10.148, but haven't connected to AB9FT yet.

thanks,
--david
KJ4IZW

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Rein Couperus
<rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx[mailto:rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx]> wrote:

After setting the mode table on the PSKmail client (see attached photo), you
must fix the table by pushing
the 'Fix table' button. The spinner for setting the default mode will now
contain only those
modes you have set in the table. Set it to PSK250, which is the default mode in
the US. When you
leave the screen with 'OK', the parameters should be permanent until you change
them again.
After this the client will be reset to the default mode on top of every minute,
unless you are
connected to a server.

You are still able to use a defferent mode to connect a server (provided TxID
is ON in fldigi).
Duing a connected session the seerver will takle over mode control, depending
on channel
qquality of up- and downlinks.
I am now talking client 1.4b7, which is the latest beta, and a candidate for
release
unless you can prove it does not work (works here of course :)

If you want to file a bug report, pse mention computer, operating system etc.,
so we
know what we are doing...

Hope this helps,

73, Rein PA0R

newbie here ...  flidigi 3.21.7;  tried both jpskmail clients 1.0 & 1.4

Have not successfully connected to a server yet.

The mode keeps flipping to PSK500R ... (i'm in the US)

In the beta, whenever i set the modes checkboxes, and close the prefs, and then
selections. Where (file? registry?) do those mode settings get saved to?
In 1.0, i choose PSK250 from the menu, and that will change the mode selection
in fldigi, but it still flips to 500 when i hit "connect".

I see references in other messages to a freqs.txt ... is this for the client,
too, or just server? if client, where does this go?

Any "getting started" suggestions?

--david
KJ4IZW
USA, South Carolina, EM93