[pskmail] setpassword

  • From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 14:47:02 (CEST)

PSKmail message from rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 1 Jun 2012 20:31:48 -0400
"Andrew O'Brien" <k3ukandy@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Do I still have to do that weird :SETPASSWORD and Update server stuff
> when I connect to a new server ?

When you use jpskmail_1.5.9 or jpskmail_2.0.13 you only have to use 'update
server', provided the server supports the new routine.

On 2.0.13 it works like this:
* click 'update server ' in the link menu or do a 'ctrl-u'
* the client sends your pop record to the server
* the server tells you 'updated record for xxxx'
* the client automatically sends the password.

The server will cache this in its users file.

As I have been travelling the last few weeks I have not been able
to check 1.5.9 (we will get home by tomorrow...)

73,

Rein PA0R/M (at the IARU fieldday)