[pskmail] Re: server upgrade

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 09:36:49 -0600

Rein,

I have upgraded the client and also arq.pm on the server. I am still having connect problems. I believe the problem is totally on the client side. When I initiate a connect, the client will send a connect request out seven times, totally ignoring the response from the server. After sending out seven connect requests, the client gui message in the bottom left corner then changes from 'sending connect' to 'connected'. At that point it is not really connected and no handshaking occurs. The client sends a handshake but no response from the server.

If you are not seeing this, then I have something messed up here. When I tail -f gMFSK.log, I see the same data on the server and client, except when collisions occur and they both transmit at the same time. The collisions are much less frequent now, I'm sure due to your timing improvements.

I'll keep working with it for further clues.

73,
Fred

Rein Couperus wrote:
Forgot,

the arq.pm file from the new client archive should also be put on the server!! It is running fine on PI4TUE now.
A new server sub release is coming in the next days, but the arq.pm is a
substancial improvement.

Rein EA/PA0R/P