[pskmail] Re: server scan problem

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:30:55 -0500

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it and got the same result with fldigi except I also got errors from hamlib each minute. I don't have the Kenwood interfaced to the computer to change frequency. I just want to change the mode between PSK63, PSK125, and PSK250 and Rein added the "S" option for that.

If I knew how pskmail server and fldigi communicated that information, I can probably figure out the problem. Probably a permissions issue.

I'm gonna dig around on the fldigi site and see what I can find. Being stuck on PSK250 is not too bad though :>)

Thanks and 73,
Fred
wb5con

Alan wrote:
Fred,
  Try $scanner "F" instead.  That is what is in my home directory
pskmailrc.pl file and I suppose it is the same in the usr/share version
of pskmailrc.pl I am using PSKmail_server-0.7.4 with Ubuntu 8.04 and Fldigi 2.10.3 I
used the libinstall and install scripts.  The frequency scan feature is
working.
73 Alan KD4QCL
On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 11:56 -0500, Fred Reiselt wrote:
I also forgot to mention that in pskmailrc.pl, I have $scanner = "S".

Fred Reiselt wrote:
Hello Rein,

The new WB5CON server is online. It is a freshly built Ubuntu 8.04 with pskmail server 0.7.5 installed using the libinstall.sh and install.sh scripts. Very easy and fast.

Everything is working fine except fldigi 2.05 is not changing modes. I have a file in ~/.pskmail/qrg/freqs.txt. The pskmail server sees the freqs.txt file as it puts the contents of the file on the terminal window when starting up, and periodically after that.

I have started fldigi with simply 'fldigi' and also 'fldigi --profile emc' with no change. I start fldigi and pskmail_server as a standard user, non root.

Are there any check boxes in fldigi regarding the mode change from pskmail? I have not found any.

This scanning worked fine on the old server but it was all installed in my home directory.

Any ideas appreciated.

73,
Fred
wb5con