[pskmail] Re: server question

  • From: Pär Crusefalk <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:43:53 +0100

Hi Greg,

A server sends beacons on port 26 and that is also where aprs messages
from clients are sent. When your server receives a frame on port 26,
like here:
<US><SOH>00uSM0RWO:26 !5901.16NP01756.10E&89D1<EOT>
It checks if the frame comes from a known server, a server it has heard
before. If it originates from a known server then it does not send a
QSL. If it comes from a callsign that is not in the list of known
servers then it sends a QSL. So, as soon as your server hears something
from that server that puts it in the list of known servers then it
should stop sending QSL's.

73 de Per, sm0rwo