[pskmail] Re: server disconnects after every 7 handshakes

  • From: Fred Reiselt <freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2007 16:14:01 -0600

Rein,

Thanks again for the help.

The server is now on the air 24/7 minus breakdowns and upgrades. It is a Kenwood TS-440SAT running 25 watts to an 80 meter inverted Vee through a tuner. A separate 30 meter antenna may be on the spring project list. I have added the server info to the wiki. Now I'll have to see how well the 30 meter path works to the boat :>)

73 - Fred - wb5con

Rein Couperus wrote:
Yes, this has been change.... Try to set $Maxretries = 40;
in the pskmailrc.pl config file and restart.

This was changed because the server would go on endlessly without disconnecting, and some people just forgot to disconnect or the connection would be lost before disconnect.

The server now desconnects after X restries or idling. Increasing $Maxretries
will solve your
problem.

73,

Rein  EA/PA0R/P