[pskmail] semi-automatic server update

  • From: Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 15:33:21 +0200

Next step in making pskmail easier to install: the automatic network update!

I have made an update script for the server, which is attached. it will NOT
(yet) install the
libraries, but it will look for an update and install it if necessary. As no
apt-get is involved
it should work for most distros, even for the latest puppy version (not tried
it yet...).

So this is for the SERVER, the client will follow...

Give it a try and tell me if you succeed to upgrade to server-0.7.3... it works
on
my ubuntu-8.04..

Just run the script (update-server) in your home dir... it will wget the new
archive and install it if
there is a new one. If you don't have version 0.7 running you will have to
install the libraries first..

http://pa0r.blogspirit.com