[pskmail] Re: rflinkserver.pl workaround

  • From: freiselt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pskmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 20:12:40 +0000

Hi Rein,

The 1; took care of the problem here. Thank you!

I have noticed something else that is strange. I haven't tested it enough to understand it but it appears that the scanning is stopping.

I have the server scanning to change speeds, but not frequency. The radio is not interfaced to hamlib so I am getting the following error message:

read_string: timeout without reading a character

I am assuming that is a result of hamlib not getting a response back from the radio. However, the speed changes fine with fldigi after starting the server.

It appears to stop scanning after a station connects, which it should. But, if the station does not ~QUIT and just disappears, the scanning is not resuming.

I saw this once yesterday. Then today, a station connected fine at PSK250. After some email and a web page they issued a ~SPEED125. The station disappeared after that.  When I got home about 3 hours later, fldigi was still at PSK125 . I re started rflinkserver.pl and it resumed scanning.

I'll keep observing and try duplicating with my client.

73,
Fred
WB5CON

-------------- Original message from Rein Couperus <rein@xxxxxxxxxxxx>: --------------